A Tale of Two Cities
Passage: Ephesians 4:17–4:24
A TALE OF TWO CITIES
I. THE CITY OF ________ (Eph. 4:17-19).
A. CORRUPTED FACULTIES
1. The ______________ (vv. 17-18a).
a. The mind is _____________.
b. The understanding is _______________.
2. The _____________________ (vv. 18b-19a).
a. The heart is __________________.
b. The heart is __________________.
c. The heart is __________________.
d. The result: ___________________ from the
life of God.
3. The _______________ (v. 19b).
a. Give themselves to ___________________.
b. Give themselves to ___________________.
c. A Primer on Free Will
Every person possesses ______________.
Every person chooses according to their
Freedom does not imply ______________.
Baptist Confession of Faith – 1689
“Man, by his fall into sin, hath wholly lost all ability of will to
any spiritual good accompanying salvation; so as a natural
man, being altogether averse from that good, and dead in
sin, is not able, by his own strength, to convert himself, or to
prepare himself thereunto.”
1. ___________________ your ungodly roots.
2. ___________________ your love for lost people.
3. ___________________ your commitment to