Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
December 23, 2018 Speaker: David Steele
Passage: Isaiah 9:1–9:7
COME, THOU LONG-EXPECTED JESUS
I. THE _________________ OF HIS COMING (Isa. 9:1-5).
A. The Curse in the Garden
B. The Curse in the World
1. The curse brings spiritual ___________________.
2. The curse brings spiritual ___________________.
II. THE __________________________ OF HIS COMING
A. Four Facts
1. The ___________________ of Christ.
2. The ___________________ of Christ.
3. The ______________________ of Christ.
4. The _____________________ of Christ.
III. THE ___________________ OF HIS COMING (Isa. 9:7).
A. The Never-Ending Reign of Righteousness
“Of the increase of his government and of peace there
will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with
righteousness from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.” (Isaiah 9:7, ESV)