The Essence of Discipleship (Part One)
THE ESSENCE OF DISCIPLESHIP
A. Defining a “Disciple.”
B. The Problem of False Disciples
1. An Example - ________________
a. He loved the things of the world more than ________________________________.
b. His life was characterized by ___________.
c. He was in it for what he __________________.
C. A False Understanding of Discipleship
1. _________________ Christianity.
2. Accept Christ as Savior but reject him as _________.
I. THE SINE QUA NON OF DISCIPLESHIP
What Does it Mean?
1. Self-denial is an _______________________.
How Do I Do It?
1. It involves a radical _______________________ of priorities (Isa. 14:12-14).
2. It involves _________________________ (Luke 14:26).
3. It involves whole-hearted ___________________ (Luke 9:57-62).