Taste and See
March 22, 2015 Series: The Book of John
Passage: John 6:51–6:59
TASTE AND SEE
I. OPTION # 1: _________________ WITH JESUS.
A. THE PROFILE
1. Their hearts were _______ from Jesus (vv. 25-26).
2. They failed to ____________ Jesus (vv. 28-29).
3. They _______________________ (v. 41).
4. They ______________ among themselves (v. 52).
5. They are trapped in ____________________.
II. OPTION # 2: __________________ ON JESUS.
A. THE PRIORITIES
1. Eating and drinking for a specific _____________.
B. THE PROFILE
1. This person ________________ in Jesus.
2. This person ________________ to Jesus.
3. This person is ________________ with Jesus.
4. This person ________________ Jesus.
5. This person is _________________ on Jesus.
6. This person __________________ to Jesus.
7. This person __________________ Jesus.
8. All these are synonyms for _________ ________!
C. THE PAYOFF:
When we feast on Jesus:
1. We receive ___________________ life.
2. We are _______________________ by Jesus.
3. We receive ___________________ strength.
The solution to spiritual hunger is to ___________ on Jesus.
TASTE AND SEE
1. Do you know anyone who believes they can live without God? What is the basis of their assertion? How can you be a good evangelist to this person?
2. If you are a Christ-follower, do you remember when your “spiritual taste buds” were defective? How did you respond to truth from God’s Word?
3. What are the signs of spiritual hunger in people you talk to? How do they reveal their spiritual thirst?
4. C.S. Lewis says, “We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”
Can you relate to his line of reasoning? How are you half-hearted in your approach to the Christian life? How are you too easily pleased?
5. Describe the fight with Jesus that emerges in John 6:52. What is the essence of the their complaint?
6. What is Jesus trying to communicate to the Jews in John 6:51-59? What is he calling them to?
7. What are the benefits of feasting on Jesus?
8. What are some practical ways to “feast” on Jesus this week?
9. If you are still fighting with Jesus, what barrier needs to be removed in order for you to begin believing?
More in The Book of John
May 21, 2017The Pathway to a Restored Heart
May 14, 2017The Power of a Renovated Heart
May 7, 2017The Key of Faith: Unlocking the Door to Doubters Castle