The Cure For A Stone-Cold Heart
March 15, 2015 Series: The Book of John
Passage: John 6:41–6:51
THE CURE FOR A STONE-COLD HEART
I. OUR HEART CONDITION ___________ FROM GRACE
A. A DEADLY DIAGNOSIS
1. The stone-cold heart is spiritually ____________ (Eph. 2:1).
2. The stone-cold heart is spiritually _____________ (John 3:3).
3. The stone-cold heart is spiritually _____________ (John 6:43-47).
4. The stone-cold heart is spiritually _____________ (Eph. 2:11-12).
5. The stone-cold heart is enslaved to __________ (John 8:34).
6. The stone-cold heart is spiritually ____________________ (John 6:44).
II. THE CURE FOR THE STONE-COLD HEART IS TO ______________ TO JESUS
A. WHO WILL COME?
1. Everyone who is _____________ by the Father will come to Jesus (v. 44).
2. Everyone who ____________ to the Father will come to Jesus (v. 45).
3. Everyone who _____________ from the Father will come to Jesus (v. 45).
4. Everyone who _______________ that Jesus is from the Father will come to Jesus (vv. 47-51).
The cure for a stone-cold heart is to ___________ to Jesus.
THE CURE FOR A STONE-COLD STONE HEART
1. Read Isaiah 29:13. Does this description of the human heart describe your heart currently? Or does it describe your heart before your conversion?
2. What is the cure for the stone-cold heart?
3. Has God done a work of grace in your heart? What events led to your conversion?
4. How does the Bible describe the human heart prior to conversion? Why do some people resist the biblical diagnosis of the human heart?
5. Did you have permission to choose Christ prior to your conversion? Did you have the ability to choose Christ prior to your conversion? Why is this distinction important?
6. According to John 6:44-45, who will come to Christ for salvation?
7. What is your response to sovereign grace today? How can you grow in your appreciation for sovereign grace?
8. Many people struggle with the doctrine of election, the biblical idea that God choose some people in eternity past while passing over the rest of humanity. Why should the doctrine of election bring joy to your heart?
More in The Book of John
May 21, 2017The Pathway to a Restored Heart
May 14, 2017The Power of a Renovated Heart
May 7, 2017The Key of Faith: Unlocking the Door to Doubters Castle