Guaranteed Grace part 2
March 1, 2015 Series: The Book of John
Passage: John 6:38–6:40
I. JESUS _________________ GOD (John 6:38)
A. Two Aspects of Jesus’ Obedience
1. He was sent in ___________________________.
Conditions of the Covenant of Redemption:
2. He came in real __________________________.
II. GOD’S PURPOSES IN THE ELECT WILL BE __________________________ (John 6:39-40)
A. The Final Salvation of the Elect
1. None of the elect will be ____________.
2. All of God’s elect will be _____________.
3. The elect are guaranteed to _______________.
Grace is guaranteed for the elect because Jesus _________ God and God’s purposes in the elect will be ____________.
1. Can you think of anything in life that is included an ironclad guarantee?
2. Why are so few things guaranteed? What is the benefit of a guarantee?
3. Who will ultimately put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation? How can offer an answer with any degree of confidence?
4. Who did the Father give the Son? What Scripture supports this?
5. How can we be assured that grace is guaranteed for the elect?
6. Jerry Bridges writes, “Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace.”
What is your initial reaction?
What kinds of people does Bridges have in mind?
7. What does it mean to believe in Jesus?
8. What are some practical ways for you to go deeper into the gospel this year? What steps will you take?
More in The Book of John
May 21, 2017The Pathway to a Restored Heart
May 14, 2017The Power of a Renovated Heart
May 7, 2017The Key of Faith: Unlocking the Door to Doubters Castle