A Steward of the Truth: The Role of the Pastor
November 3, 2013 Series: Stewards Living a God Pleasing Life
A STEWARD OF THE TRUTH:
The Role of the Pastor
I. THE PASTOR
A. _______________ THE TRUTH (1 Cor. 4:1-2).
1. ____________________ to the truth.
2. ____________________ the truth.
3. _____________________ on the truth.
4. ______________________ in the truth.
5. Handles the truth with ______________________.
B. ______________ THE TRUTH (2 Tim. 4:2).
1. What does it ______________?
2. To ___________ does he herald the truth?
3. In what _____________ does he herald the truth?
_________________________ (Acts 17:2-3)._________________________ (Rom. 1:15). ________________________ (Rom. 1:16-17).________________________ (Acts 9:27-28).
4. ____________ does he herald the truth?
5. __________ does he herald the truth?
Every pastor is called upon by God to ___________ the truth and ______________ the truth.
A STEWARD OF THE TR UTH
1. What is truth? Is truth relative or absolute? What are the consequences of believing in "relative" truth? What are the implications of believing in absolute truth?
2. How does God expect every pastor to be a good steward of the truth?
3. What are some of the ways that pastors hear the truth?
4. What does it mean to herald the truth?
5. Why has preaching fallen on such hard times?
6. Why should every pastor herald the truth?
7. What is your response to truth? Is there anything in God's Word that you find yourself resisting? How can you move toward God in obedience?
8. What are some practical ways that you can grow in your love for the truth?
9. What does it mean to be a person who is committed to truth?